In all honesty, I have been misusing 2, perhaps 3 in my daily speechifying(!), but come on…this is how a language develops! Actually, I do try to be so careful about knowing the words I use on a daily basis. This is very amusing – read it! Enjoy!
verb (used with object)
1. to experience with joy; take pleasure in: He enjoys Chinese food.
2. to have and use with satisfaction; have the benefit of: He enjoys an excellent income from his trust funds.
3. to find or experience pleasure for (oneself): She seems to enjoy herself at everything she does.
4. to undergo (an improvement): Automobile manufacturers have enjoyed a six-percent rise in sales over the past month.
5. to have intercourse with. .….huh? I did not know that (think of Johnny Carson here)