Well, it took awhile to do. I had so many setbacks and misunderstanding and the sewing part, though small, had my cursing under my breath as I kept poking myself with the needles and I actually had to hand stitch the insert into place. I had to back up on that several times because knitted material is a tough one to make behave! I also had to invent my own pattern for the tabs, because the instructions that I was following wouldn’t be suitable for the purse strap I had purchased. I was happy I could do that, but I did really try to hide them because they’re not pretty like the author’s are. If I should make anymore of these, or, say, pursue my purse making, I
have discovered I will need some sewing basics. Like a quilter’s grid. The pockets I made were a bit lopsided because I didn’t have a grid of any sort to follow. wah. But I figured they were inside and wouldn’t be seen. I learned how to do a welt seam…had to contact the author for that bit of info. All in all, I’m real pleased with it. I do believe I want to make another after I finish some other projects that I have lined up. I’m trying real hard to be good and finish what I start before beginning another project. Kinda linear, and I’m a circular person. We’ll see!
Next up – baby stuff!